Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Books...

I wrote this on Sunday but because I couldnt post at home. ********************************* I have been kinda immersing myself with books and shopping lately. The rate that I buy things seem alarming that I still leave some things on my floor unwrapped, and cant be bothered to sort them out. Tianmin and I were musing that day over the places we have "covered" from city hall to bugis to suntec to orchard (the whole stretch); Novena, Chinatown, Bishan and Toa Payoh in a span of over 3 days? We wondered whether we have gone mad. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The famous kolo mee in Chinatown which I finally get to taste. Eh, not very nice lei.... Anyways, I caught MI3 yesterday. Not very nice though. It wun be my top recommendation. Yup, books. I finally received my Da Vinci Code the Special Illustrated Version from the library. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I think it took near one year for this reservation item to arrive at my door. Anyhows, I thought it's nice to always have pictures in, Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting especially with such books. I read angels and Demons, the special whatever illustrated version too. It was nice =) ANd I think Dan Brown certainly writes well. But dangerously, the line can be easily crossed to believe what a MAN says to u thru his books instead that from the word of God. While collecting my that book, I took the chance to borrow some other books as well. Borrowed some of this author's Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 张小娴 I dunno la, I heard of her before so I borrowed her books. I'm not sure (yet) that her books are good to read. Maybe not, I'd feel, too much on love and criticising men and asking women to not be weak and stand up for themselves kinda book. I just read a few pages actually. This what she wrote about herself. 她相信承诺,喜欢一切美好的东西:漂亮的衣服、美丽的食物、男人的诺言。 她找寻幸福,然后发现,失望,有时候也是一种幸福。因为有所期待,才会失望。 遗憾,也是一种幸福。因为还有令你遗憾的事情。 她追寻爱情,然后发现,爱,从来就是一件千回百转的事。 One of her stories I found from the net Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I also bought two books from popular Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 鲁迅 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 朱自清!!!! Haha, I am so proud of myself because I really am trying to read Chinese books. It will make me more 有墨水, so I am pleased. ********************* It ends here. I am going to sleep le la..... I mean go tuition le la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home